1) CONTEMPORARY GROUP
I think in this piece Tierney and I worked well together to stay in time with each other. The three person walkover went well but I think it could have been more smoother, however this was hard to do as it came so quickly in the dance. I think I performed it well be having a sort of menacing look about me and in the backwards roll I made sure to have a sort of painful look when I reached towards Tierney.
2) ROCK N ROLL
I am happy with how the rock n roll piece went and I think we all fed off of each other's energy levels to increase our individual performance. The only problem we encountered was that I started to feel really faint during the double cartwheel and Shannon and I only just made three of them. I think we disgised this quite well.
3) ACTING
After the last run through I was worried that I would forget the lines again, however the only problem I encountered was a small unnoticeable stutter on my beginning sentence. After that problem I made sure to keep good diction because that is how my character would speak. I think we all had high energy levels and performed it the best we had eve done. When we got to Comberton we realised that we left our props back at college, however I solved the problem by suggesting to use a mobilephone instead of a magazine, which worked just as well.
I feel that I connected more with the audience and looked out to them. I could tell they were enjoying it because they were laughing at lots of bits, which really boosted mine, Imogen's, and Amber's confidence.
4) BALLET GROUP
I think the ballet group went really well. I made sure that I used enpaulment to enhance my performance. I also kept my feet pointed, knee caps pull up, and legs turned out. I also made sure to watch the girls through my peripheral vision to make sure that I was in time with everyone else.
5) STREET GROUP
I think this piece went really well and it was the best that I had ever performed it. I made sure to use lots of face and I tried to bend my knees more on the sections that needed that style (truffle butter). I think my best style was "work you better work" and "bang bang" as I think I suited this style more. I found it difficult to apply Kellys's correction that we should look at each other more because we were constantly moving about and dancing really fast, however I made sure to look at Maddie and Imogen as they walked round the back to join me for the end position. I encountered a small wardrobe problem where the bandana fell down my arm and ended up on my hand, however I was able to hold it and over come the problem. As an improvement to this dance, I think I should've been stronger on some of sharp moves, which I found hard to do because I'm more of a fluid dancer. This is what I will need to work on to improve my street in the future.
6) MY SOLO
I am so happy with how my solo went and I have gained a lot of confidence from it. At the start I was nervous that I would forget the choreography, however once I started, the choreography just flowed and I didn't even have to think about it. I think I portrayed a character who is in pain and is upset really well and I could feel my energy increase and moves get sharper as the song built.
7) MUSICAL THEATRE GROUP
Before today I had problems with giving a strong performance in this howeve ri think this was the best I had ever performed it. I still think I could have been even more aggressive and have even more energy, howeve I think I have made a huge improvement from the rehearsals.
8) CONTEMPORARY DUET
I really enjoy doing this dance and I think Millie and I worked really well to feed off of each other's energy and expressions. We made sure to look at each other throughout the dance to make it looked more like a duet and not two solos. I am not happy with my beginning but because my mind went completely blank and I started on the wrong leg. I hope this wasn't noticeable as I was still coming in from the side so not everyone would have seen it. I think I picked it up well and was able to give a strong performance.
9) SINGING TRIO
I feel that this was the best I had ever performed this number and I made sure to listen to what Kelly said and I used much more hand gestures and facial expressions to tell the story. I could've definitely feel myself acting as the character and really enjoying the song. I didn't struggle at the end of my solo where Imogen and Maddie join in this time because I made sure to apply my corrections that I gave myself and I went into my head voice earlier so that I was definitely on the correct note. I think this piece has given me a lot more confidence to sing on my own and I will put myself up to do more things like this in the future.
10) MODERN GROUP
I actually enjoyed this piece in the show and I feel that I did well in showing a sort of arrogant and confident performance. I made sure to watch my spacing in the triangle and I feel that everyone worked well together in this piece.
11) COMMERCIAL JAZZ
I am quite surprised that I felt quite confident with this number and that I enjoyed it a lot. When it came to my solo section I felt a lot more confident than usual. To improve I think I should have had more exaggerated facial expressions and bent my knees more to suit the style of the rapping section.
12) TAP
I found it quite hard to stay in time with the music, the recordings and the girls around me at the same time, however once the music built it because much easier. I think I performed this quite well however I should have had a more exaggerated smile as I think mine was too subtle for the audience to see. I think I used my upper body and arms well to compliment my feet movements.
13) FINALE
This number went really well and I was able to show a change of mood once 'Billy' came on. I think my energy picked up more in the kick section and I tried really hard to sing a lot louder than how I usually do. I think the girls worked really well together in the fan circle and we were all aware of where everyone was so that we didn't hit each other. The it problem I encountered with this was that it was so dark that I couldn't see which chair was mine and I nearly sat down too early. I should have counted the chairs and sat down on mine but it wasn't very obvious so it doesn't really matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment