Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Show log week 8

Monday 15/6/15
Today in ballet we ran the ballet group piece a couple of times. Each time there was something wrong Kelly would stop the music, correct us, and start again. This was really helpful to me as it allowed me to take in new information one bit at a time, so I could remember it easier. She said I need to get my leg higher in retire it he lame duck turns so I took that into consideration and applied it the next time we dance it. 
In today's drama lesson, Imogen Amber and I had to do our assessment. I was really pleased with how it went and feel like it has helped prepare me for the show because we did as best as we could. We were able to make the audience laugh and I feel like we fed off of each other's energy. 
In musical theatre we marked the group dance and then performed it full out. I tried to include more facial expressions however I still don't feel like I am giving enough. I will continue to practise my performance for this dance because I have improved slightly from last week. Then we did the fan dance and I tried to sing a lot louder today as I was feeling more confident about being able to sing the words. I also added more energy and tried to smile more. 
In modern we ran the group piece a few times and cleaned it. During the fan kick on the floor I ran out of room, so I asked Kerry if we could solve the problem by staggering our line slightly. This gave us more room to perform to our full potential. 
Then we went over the tap group dance a couple of times. I feel really happy with tap and I'm not worried about it. I think that I need to be heavier on my feet more to make sure that every single sound comes out, because sometimes it didn't. 

Tuesday 16/6/15
This morning we did a full run through of the show. I am really pleased with how my solo went and I got positive feedback from the teachers. I feel that The contemporary trip needs to get cleaned because I could feel myself watching Millie in the mirror to check that we were doing everything on the same time. 
In today's studio time we cleaned street without Emile. As Maddie was injured, she sat down and watched it and shouted out every time she saw something was wrong. This was really helpful because, as she knew the dance really well, we were able to get the smallest of things cleaned (like bent knees on pat pat) so that we were in perfect unison. I established that I knew the dance much better than I thought I did and now I just need to work on being really strong with my moves and havin high energy in my performance. 

Wednesday 17/6/15
This morning we ran the fan dance. I am getting used to doing it in heels now and I am also getting used to using the fans. I did still struggle with how to hold my fan on the "I need you part", therefore I decided to look at how everyone was holding it and copy that. I am also becoming aware that I need to really concentrate in the fan circle to go up and down at the correct points and keep my fan attached to Millie's, because I looked in the mirror and I was a little bit slow. 
In street we learnt the beginning and end sections to complete the dance. I found it  difficult to do the movements that had punches ("miss the whole game twice") because I couldn't get the correct feel for it. I experimented with a few things and found that bending my knees more helped. 

Thursday 18/6/15
This morning we did another casual run through of all of our pieces. I can feel myself performing more especially in my solo because I enjoy dancing it so I think my expression comes naturally. I think the contemporary trio is slowly improving and I am feeling more confident with the rock n roll number because everyone said that they really like it. 
In today's contemporary Emile taught us the big dance break. This has reassured me as we are close to finishing, which means it won't be a rush next week to get it finished quickly. I was a bit slow on the turn leap section however with practise I think I'll be able to do it. Tierney Shannon and I also did a holding hand walkover. Even though I was the base and didn't do much I am really proud that  we were able to do this move. We just need to work on making it slick and a continual movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment